WE HELP YOUR TEAM DO THE RIGHT THINGS
Make effective operating choices to execute the business strategy
Whether your problem is to redefine your Operations Strategy or to make it run more smoothly, whether you are a manufacturing or service organization, whether you have a clear idea of your strengths and weaknesses or just a general drive to improve your business, we believe we can help. We know that excellence is a process, a journey that continues with your organization’s commitment to seek out the very best way of doing things with the resources you have and we are here to show you the path.
WE HELP YOUR TEAM DO THINGS RIGHT
Implement time-tested methodologies
Lean Six Sigma projects are one of our favorite ways to deliver results by combining speed and process control. If properly planned and executed, clearly stated, concise and right-scope initiatives will create positive financial impact and the cultural change needed to accelerate further improvements.
- Achieve a waste-free, customer-centric execution makes your business strong in the long run
- Save space, time, effort, materials and energy to avoid mistakes and to boost your financial performance.
WE HELP YOUR TEAM DO THINGS BETTER
Build stronger teams to make long-term improvements
Building, effecting and maintaining an improvement program can be a daunting challenge for most organizations. Sometimes it is helpful to have a good coach to help you generate improvement ideas that make sense, prioritize them, plan the most logical action steps and execute with discipline and method.
We have a track record at delivering results through Lean Six Sigma programs and in some case we developed best-practice tools for major multinational organizations. We are committed to helping you create and energize your continuous improvement regimen with the specific goal in mind of making you autonomous and consultancy-independent as soon as possible.
Usually, it takes just a four-step roadmap for time lasting improvement:
1. Assess existing processes and potential wastes: define the “as is” state.
2. Identify goals & opportunities: define the “to be”.
3. Implement continuous improvement program and executing projects.
4. Support & sustain results over time and “closing the loop”: back to 1.